There are many common injuries that can happen every day. Of course, the best way is to go to the emergency. There are a lot of professionals, so they will treat you well. However, many of those injuries are small and they do not require medical assistance. Simply said, there is no reason to go to the hospital. In any case, you should have a first aid kit in your home. Even if you never used it, it is much better than not to have it. Common injuries are easily treatable, so you can do this by yourself.
1. If you rolled your ankle (this is probably the most common injury) you should wear a compressive wrap for three days. Also, ice it for 20 minutes per day. Rest is the key. Avoid stepping on that foot and have plenty of rest.
2. If someone hits you in the head with a softball, do not shake your head. If you experience headache and dizziness, that last long, you should visit a doctor. In any other case, ice that are and rest.
3. You sliced your hand. This is the most common injury in the kitchen. In most cases, these injuries are minor. The mistake is to wash them immediately. In fact, you should keep that place pressed with a clean towel. After 10 minutes, wash it with clean water.
4. You burned yourself. Place that place under running water. After that, apply antibiotic cream.
5. You scraped your arm. In this case, you should avoid hydrogen peroxide, because it can slow down the healing process. Clean your wound with soap and clean water.